Cleaning my makeup brushes is my most hated beauty related task by far, and I really should clean my brushes a lot more frequently than I do but it’s such a laborious task as I own and use so many makeup brushes. Until now I’ve been using the handy Sigma Brush Cleaning Glove which is really effective at cleaning my brushes, but it’s still a very long process which breaks my back standing at the sink whilst I wash my brushes, so I was very excited when I read about the new StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Drier from the team behind the fabulous StylFile and I just couldn’t wait to give it a try for myself.
The StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Drier is £49.95 from Beauty Chamber, and they currently have an offer on where you get a free StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner worth £14.99 with every purchase whilst stocks last which is an amazing deal. The description behind the StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Drier is quite detailed and complex so I’m going to try and summarise what it actually is, and what it claims to do from the information on the StylPro website rather than just writing paragraph after paragraph;
What is the StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Drier?
A totally unique way to hygienically clean and dry makeup brushes in seconds. The beauty of the StylPro is that it’s really simple to use. You just attach any makeup brush using one of eight collars, before dunking it for 10 seconds, spinning for another 10 seconds and then drying for five to 10 seconds. That’s your makeup brush completely clean and dry in less time than it takes to choose a shade of lipstick!
Why is it better?
Uses centrifugal spin technology so that brushes are literally ready to re-use in seconds. No more messy basins or waiting hours for brushes to dry.
What is included within the StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Drier box?
Glass cleaning bowl with a silicone seal and splash guard.
Two Attachment Spindles.
Eight silicone collars which are in varying sizes to suit all sizes of brush handles, plus a stand to store them all which fits inside the bowl when not in use.
Batteries for the StylPro device.
Detailed instruction booklet.
StylPro recommend using the specific StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner solution when using the StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Drier which is £14.99 to purchase alone, and it can be used to cleanser both natural and synthetic bristles. The cleaner is infused with nourishing wheatgerm, grapeseed and argan oils to gently condition the bristles as well as cleansing them.
The instructions recommend using one capful of the cleaner in the glass bowl, and you musn’t mix the cleaner with water or other brush cleaners. For the interest of my review, I have included a demonstration of a synthetic face brush and a natural bristled eye brush; one with the StylPro Cleaner and one with another brush cleaner which I own so I could see if the cleaner you use effects the results.
The first GIF which is here if you can’t see it above, shows the StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Drier in use with a synthetic Real Techniques face brush with the StylPro Brush Cleaning Solution.
The second GIF which is here if you can’t see it above, shows the StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Drier in use with a natural bristled Zoeva eye brush and a different brand’s makeup brush cleaning solution.
How to prep the StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Drier
- Choose which makeup brush you want to clean and decide which of the eight silicone collars fits the handle the best – it’s important that the collar fits very snugly or the brush will fly out as soon as you turn the device on.
- Click the black spindle into the StylPro device and then insert the spindle into the base of the silicone collar and ensure the brush is completely straight inline with the StylPro device as even a little leaning or lopsided will cause the brush to rattle and it could come loose.
- Pour one capful of the StylPro Cleaning Solution into the base of bowl, and ensure there’s enough depth to clean the brushes but it must be bellow half the height of the bristles so one capful is perfect and I don’t find that I need to add any more than one capful; even for bigger brushes.
How to use the StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Drier
- Softly dunk the bristles into the solution up and down for ten seconds to coat the bristles and press lightly onto the bottom of the bowl so the solution gets into the bristles but not too much as you don’t want any liquid to get into the ferrule as it could loosen the glue holding the bristles.
- After ten seconds, whilst gently pressing the brush down on to the base of the glass bowl and slide the power switch on to begin the device which will make the brush spin very, very rapidly which creates little waves within the solution which I hope you can see in the GIFs above, and I simply keep dunking up and down until the bristles look nice and clean. The brush must stay under the solution at all time to clean the bristles.
- After ten seconds (or more – I find that foundation brushes need around 20 to 30 seconds of dunking/spinning) gradually lift the brush out of the solution and allow the bristles to spin within the bowl which dries the bristles, within ten seconds and then turn the device off before lifting the brush out of the bowl or you will get splattered with water droplets!
- Once you finish your brushes, make sure you replace the silicone collar into the stand and clean the bowl out.
OK I have to hold my hands up and admit I was a little skeptical about the StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Drier before I tried it – like how could something for £50 wash AND dry my brushes within twenty seconds, but let me tell you – IT WORKS.
I am absolutely flabbergasted by the results I’ve seen with the device, and I’ve tried both synthetic and natural bristles, I’ve tried foundation brushes, eyeshadow brushes, blush brushes – the lot, and it works. The Real Techniques brush above was stained with blush, and the Zoeva brush was covered in cream eyeshadow and look how clean the bristles are, it’s just incredible.
I have tried the StylPro Cleanser and my own cleanser and I have to say, the StylPro Cleanser is actually better and it leaves my brushes so soft and dry, whereas the other cleaner I used took a lot longer to dry so I will definitely be repurchasing this cleaner once I run out. What also amazed me is that I assumed it was one capful of cleaner for one brush, but no you can wash multiple brushes with just one capful so this bottle is going to last me for such a long time.
I have a nerve issue with my back which is very painful, especially when cleaning my brushes but this cleaner and drier is such a game changer as I can clean my brushes sat down at a table without leaning over the sink, and I don’t have to leave my brushes to dry overnight anymore. If you own makeup brushes, you NEED this incredible device – I cannot believe how good it is, and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone. It’s amazing!!!!!!!
All products featured on Gemma Etc. are PR samples or gifted items, unless otherwise indicated. This post may contain affiliate links. If you wish to find out more, please see my Disclaimer within my navigation bar.