I’ve always been a fan of Illamasqua ever since I tried their Freak fragrance a couple of years ago, and now my makeup collection features a fair few Illamasqua products including their blushes, lipglosses, lipsticks, palettes, polishes and more. Rather excitingly, Illamasqua has just launched over on HQHair which I think is excellent news as I love HQHair as they always have frequent and generous discount codes, as well as stocking a considerable amount of beauty brands with free delivery to boot. HQHair very kindly gifted me an Illamasqua Box Lipstick plus a second, as an introduction to the Illamasqua range they’ve started stocking, and I decided I’d giveaway the second one here on my blog so make sure you enter the giveaway below if you’d like to win this gorgeous lipstick.
If you’re new to the Illamasqua lipsticks, they have two different finished; matte lipsticks and satin lipsticks with over 40 different shades, and HQHair have a collection of their most popular shades to choose from which I hope they’ll be adding to very soon.
The Illamasqua Lipsticks are £19 each and contain 4 grams of product which is packaged within a black, rectangular casing with Illamasqua’s trademark curved edges which is just so sleek and simple. The lids of the Illamasqua lipsticks are very secure, and I’ve never had an issue with their lids ever coming off in my handbag which is something I definitely appreciate.
The Illamasqua Box Lipstick was actually created by Illamasqua’s past creative director Alex Box as her signature red lipstick, and Box is described as being a deep scarlet red with a matte finish. I already own a couple of Illamasqua matte lipsticks so I’m already accustomed to their consistency, but they’re very dry and draggy on the lips which does feel a little uncomfortable at first but it’s their dryness that makes them incredibly longlasting, and I really do recommend applying a lipbalm beforehand to make application a little easier. The pigmentation is very intense so I like to use a lip brush for precision around my cupid’s bow as reds aren’t particularly forgiving.
I find that Box is generally quite cool toned, but it’s not as cool toned as MAC Russian Red which I struggle to pull off as it’s a little too cool toned for my liking, but I feel that the Illamasqua Box Lipstick is the perfect compromise that gives you the appearance of super white teeth, but a little warmth which doesn’t wash you out completely.
It’s definitely not the type of lipstick you could apply on the go, and I’d say the same for any of the Illamasqua mattes but it’s one you can apply in the morning and have confidence that it’s not going to slide around your face the minute you start drinking or talking as I know I always feel rather self conscious when wearing a bold lip.
I really love Box, and I think it’s a shade which is worth looking into if you’re on the hunt for your perfect red as it doesn’t feather or bleed and it’s still in place six to seven hours later… or you could enter my giveaway below and potentially win one instead (so smooth).
Illamasqua Box Lipstick GIVEAWAY
Would you like to win your very own Box Lipstick!? If you would, please read the terms and conditions before entering my giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below..
Terms and Conditions
– This giveaway is open internationally and I will be shipping the prize myself via Royal Mail once I have the winner’s details.
– One winner will be chosen at random via Rafflecopter, and the lucky winner will win an Illamasqua Box Lipstick worth £19.
– Entrants under 18 must seek parental permission before entering this giveaway.
– There is no purchase necessary to enter this giveaway.
– ALL entries will be checked and verified, with any incomplete, false or duplicate entries being removed from the giveaway entirely.
– HQHair kindly gifted me the product which I’ve decided to use as a prize for this giveaway.
– The winner will be notified by the email address given and will have 48 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, an alternative winner will be selected via Rafflecopter’s randomiser. Prizes will be fulfilled within 30 days of the winner being notified when I’m sending the prize myself.
– This is not a sponsored giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
All products featured on Gemma Etc. are PR samples or gifted items, unless otherwise indicated. This post may contain affiliate links. If you wish to find out more, please see my Disclaimer within my navigation bar.