I featured the Revlon Salon One Step Hair Dryer and Styler on my blog back and June and I still love and use it almost everytime I wash my hair. It’s basically an hair dryer and a brush in one so you don’t have to use an hair dryer and hair brush at the same time and end up with arm ache trying to perfect your super sleek style. As I loved the styler so much, I jumped at the chance when Revlon asked me if I’d like to try the Revlon Salon One Step Hair Dryer and Volumiser £59.99 too. I did wonder how much difference there would be between the styler and volumiser, especially as the volumiser is £10 more expensive.. is it worth £10 more?! Read on to find out…
The Revlon Salon One Step Hair Dryer and Volumiser is a 2-in-1 styling tool that gives the power of a dryer and the volume of a styler. The barrel of the styler is so much bigger than I thought it would be – it really is large which is amazing for my very long hair but it would be too large for shorter styles, so the brush version would be better suited, or a smaller barrelled volumising brush.
The styler has a large, oval shaped barrel which offers detangling, drying, extra lift at the roots, smooth volume and curled ends whilst making it easy to blow-dry the back of your hair. By combining the ability to dry and style in one, allows for one less heat damaging step within your haircare routine.
- Ionic Technology: helps condition, smooth and makes hair shinier, while reducing frizz and static.
- Detangling bristles help dry and style hair in half the time* leaving your hair with a natural smooth effect
- Ceramic Coating: protects hair from over-styling with even heat distribution that penetrates hair quickly from the inside out for less damage and enhanced shine.
- Two Heat Settings and Cool shot for complete drying and styling flexibility
- Styles back of hair with ease
- Professional Swivel Cord for tangle-free and easy styling
- Overheating cut-off – This appliance is equipped with a thermostat that will cycle OFF should the heat of the dryer exceed the optimum drying level, due to partially blocked air inlet or outlet openings. In the event that the appliance stops, turn the appliance OFF and allow it to cool down. Once the appliance cools, the thermostat will automatically reset and you can start drying again.
- 4-Year Limited Guarantee
I really hope this photo conveys the large size of the styler within my hand, but there’s a great video and images on the Boots website showing the styler in use which might be a little more helpful as well as 50+ reviews if you want to see what others think too. The Revlon Salon One Step Hair Dryer and Volumiser has a twistable base like the brush which allows you to choose which of the two heat settings or the cool setting you want to use.
The brush has typical hairbrush bristles, as well as tufted natural bristles from the unique airflow vents which help to smooth the hair to reduce any frizz which is exactly what I need as my hair is super frizzy.
So many people love the BaByliss Big Hair but I felt like the only one that didn’t as I just couldn’t get it to work for me as my hair always ended up getting tangled up within the spinning mechanism. This however is the perfect alternative in my opinion as it doesn’t spin but you can still create the same uplift and volume which is ideal for someone as uncoordinated as myself, especially with the swivel cord as it doesn’t tangle you up.
I might be the only one that hated the spinning mechanism of the Big Hair, but I much prefer that this doesn’t move but the oval barrel allows for uplift at the roots and bouncy volume at the ends. It’s extremely easy to use, and you don’t have to be coordinated to use a brush and hairdryer at the same time, and I think it’s a great tool to have if you like your hair to be voluminous and smooth.
Have you tried any of the Revlon hair tools?
All products featured on Gemma Etc. are PR samples or gifted items, unless otherwise indicated. This post may contain affiliate links. If you wish to find out more, please see my Disclaimer within my navigation bar.