Mane ‘n Tail Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner
I hadn’t tried Mane ‘n Tail until last summer when I tried the Mane ‘n Tail Detangler, but I have also tried the Mane ‘n Tail Daily Leave In Conditioning Treatment; both of which I’ve really enjoyed. Mane ‘n Tail is a cult US haircare brand which was specifically targeted for show horses with long flowing manes and tails, and horse owners began using the products on their own hair after being so wowed with the results on their horses hair.
Before trying anything from the brand, I was a little weirded out as I couldn’t understand how products could work for horses and humans but these specific Mane n’ Tail products found in the likes of Superdrug are for humans only – phew. I imagine a horse would need a much bigger bottle than a 250ml bottle anyway. The newest launches from Mane ‘n Tail which I’ve been trialling recently are the Mane ‘n Tail Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner which are £6.99 each.
- Helps maintain color treatments longer (when used after NEW Color Protect Shampoo as a complete hair care system)
- Proven color hold until next treatment (usually 6-8 weeks)
- Keeps its vibrancy, body and shine like the day you color treated
- Unique blend of micro-enriched proteins, herbal extracts and essential oils conditions and helps to repair the hair from root to tip, essential for detangling, as well as fortifying the hair for the next color treatment.
- Reduces hair breakage, helps to retain hair strength, helps to protect the cuticle and cortex while reducing frizziness, helping to bring hair back to life again.
- Moisturizes leaving hair silky with a full bodied look and feel without the heavy weight of too many dimethicones.
- Safe for all hair types, specially formulated for color treated hair
The Mane ‘n Tail Color Protect Shampoo and Conditioner are described as having a “new formula” which has taken them two years to perfect. The lovely team over at Mane ‘n Tail very kindly sent me the new shampoo and conditioner alongside some American sweets which I totally understand after giving them a sniff – they smell like sweets, almost like skittles.
My hair is a natural deep brunette colour and I used to religiously dye my hair, but I’ve since developed an allergy to hair dye but I used to swear by haircare which helped to prolong my colour especially as red dye fades so quickly. Seeing as I don’t have dyed hair anymore, I can’t comment on their efficacy for coloured hair but the claims are amazing if they can prolong colour hold for 6-8 weeks. I really enjoy using them both as they leave my hair so soft and smooth, but if you do have coloured hair they are well worth a try at just £6.99 a bottle.
Have you tried anything from Mane ‘n Tail before? Would you try the Mane ‘n Tail Color Protect range?
All products featured on Gemma Etc. are PR samples or gifted items, unless otherwise indicated. This post may contain affiliate links. If you wish to find out more, please see my Disclaimer within my navigation bar.