I can’t believe I’ve never tried anything from Butter London until recently. It’s a brand I’ve seen featured on blogs many times, but for some reason they’ve always stayed under my radar. I spotted the Butter London Glazen Eye Gloss feature in a YouTube video and I was instantly intrigued as I love cream eyeshadows, and the shades all looked stunning. After watching the video I looked online for where I could buy a Butter London Glazen Eye Gloss and I was surprised by the lack of stockists as I could only find Feelunique and/or the Butter London Amazon store. In the UK we only have six shades to choose from whilst the US has ten, but I opted for the shade Frosted as it looked like a shade I’d get a lot of use out of.
A new trick in your beauty arsenal, Glazen™ Eye Gloss is a breakthrough eye shadow that delivers metallic shine. The playful, pudding-like texture applies like a gel, but dries like a powder and lasts all day. Frosted is a shimmery rose gold gel-to-powder eye shadow with a highly pigmented, smooth formula for intense color payoff.
• A sparkling rose gold eye shadow
• Lightweight, crease resistant, and long wearing
• Buildable color from sheer sparkle to intense metallic eye makeup
• Betaine – skin conditioning to help prevent dry eyelids
• Gellan Gum – unique gelling agent gives a pudding-like texture and creates a film to keep the sparkle from budging
• Unique pearl suspension gives the product a shimmery metallic look on the lid
• Winner of 2017 Big Day Beauty Award from Martha Stewart Weddings magazine and a 2016 Best Beauty Award from OK! magazine
• Gluten free and vegan
Frosted is such a strange shade as it looks so different on the eyes than it looks in the pot, and it changes colour again when you build it up. Inside the pot, Frosted looks like more of a gold shade, whereas when applied sheerly to the lids it’s a peach shade with subtle shimmer. The true beauty of the shadow comes to life when you apply two layers and the rose gold shade becomes more apparent but I like that you can choose to go sheer or more intense depending on your preference.
It is so quick and easy to apply to the lids, and it looks as if you’ve spent a lot more time on your eye makeup, and the glitter doesn’t fallout and get all over my face which I love. I really want more shades as I love the Butter London Glazen Eye Gloss formula so much, and it’s the perfect way to add a little sparkle to your makeup look without the hassle of applying loose glitters.
Have you ever tried anything from Butter London before?