Whenever I’m lucky enough to receive a product for review, I always without fail, look for information online from the brand’s website and also read a few reviews to give me an idea of how the product performs especially with skincare. Kate Somerville is a brand I tried only relatively recently back in March, with their Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Daily Foaming Wash, and I’ve also tried the Kate Somerville EradiKate mask. When I received the Kate Somerville Nourish Daily Moisturiser $65 I instantly looked online and noticed that Caroline Hirons had described it as being one of her ‘top 3 moisturisers of all time‘ so I knew it was a product I needed to try.
“Hydrate and rejuvenate sensitive skin with Kate Somerville’s clinically tested Nourish Daily Moisturizer. This powerful, age-defense face cream utilizes rich botanicals that improves texture and increases elasticity. This advanced face moisturizer absorbs quickly, leaving nothing behind except a fresh, balanced complexion.
Provides deep hydration with a sophisticated blend of proven anti-aging ingredients. Aggressively combats the appearance of wrinkles to rejuvenate the complexion. Antioxidant-rich blend helps shield the skin from free radicals. Intended to create an instant glow and increase radiance. Lightweight face cream glides on effortlessly, without any greasy or oily feel. Clinically tested to be safe for sensitive skin.”
- Provides deep hydration with a sophisticated blend of anti-aging ingredients.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles to rejuvenate the complexion.
- Antioxidant-rich formula helps combat the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Intended to create an instant glow and increase radiance.
- Lightweight formula glides on effortlessly, without any greasy or oily feel.
- Matrixyl 3000™ reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles to promote smoother-looking skin.
- The most stable form of Vitamin A, Retinyl Palmitate, is designed to soften and smooth.
- Calming Lavender works in conjunction Green Tea Extracts to help soothe stressed skin.
- Ginger Extract helps smooth and even out skin tone.
- Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Botanical Antioxidants help nourish skin and combat the damaging effects of environmental aggressors.
The Kate Somerville Nourish Daily Moisturiser is housed within a large circular jar with a dispensing valve in the centre, which dispenses the moisturiser when you press down onto the lid. It initially comes with a little plug that you have to pull off with some tweezers and the product then appears from the valve.
The moisturiser is nice and lightweight with a good amount of viscosity as it spreads over the skin. One ‘press’ of the top dispenses enough product for my face and neck, so this 50ml jar should last me for a decent amount of time, but I like how hygienic this valve delivery method is as the contents of the jar are protected from bacteria.
The Kate Somerville Nourish Daily Moisturiser has quite a strong lavender scent which doesn’t bother me, but it’s one to skip if you don’t like heavily scented skincare however it doesn’t linger any longer than 10-15 minutes.
The consistency is lightweight and silky, and I assumed on first try it wouldn’t be rich enough for me as my skin’s so exceptionally dry but it offers great hydration without leaving my skin feeling overloaded in product and it’s such a fantastic base for makeup as it doesn’t leave any residue behind. It’s such a pleasant moisturiser and it’s become my current moisturiser of choice, and I like that it doesn’t leave my skin looking shiny as it’s oil-free.
Have you ever tried anything from the Kate Somerville skincare collection before? Let me know in the comments below..
All products featured on Gemma Etc. are PR samples or gifted items, unless otherwise indicated. This post may contain affiliate links. If you wish to find out more, please see my Disclaimer within my navigation bar.