The Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water is such a cult favourite product within the beauty community, but for me my favourite has to be the Bioderma Hydrabio H2O which I call the ‘blue one’ as opposed to the ‘red one’. The blue Bioderma is from the Bioderma Hydrabio Collection which is designed for dehydrated and sensitive skin which is my skin type in a nutshell. The Bioderma Hydrabio Collection has recently extended with the launch of some new products, and two of which I’ve been trying over the last couple of weeks.
Bioderma Hydrabio Masque Moisture Generating Cocooning Mask 75ml £15.10
– A BIODERMA innovation, the patented Aquagenium® biological complex re-trains the skin to generate in depth the hydration essential to its natural balance and to lock it in on its surface.
– Hydrabio Mask provides deep-down, long-lasting moisture during periods of extreme dehydration. The skin thus regains its comfort, softness, suppleness and radiance.
– A galenic innovation, the Hydrabio Mask smooth and wrapping texture leaves a pleasant feeling of softness and protection.
– The formula is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.
The Bioderma Hydrabio Masque is a thick, white cream which you apply in a thick layer to the face and neck after cleansing and toning. You leave the mask on the skin for 10 minutes and then remove any residual mask with a tissue. I personally prefer to use this mask as an overnight mask and I don’t remove it from my skin until the morning when cleansing as I love how intensively moisturising it is. If I had to liken this mask to another, it would have to be the Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask as they both intensively hydrate and soften the skin.
Bioderma Hydrabio Crème Rich Moisturising Care 50ml £15.50
The creamy skin care generating hydration and intense radiance. The patented biological complex Aquagenium™ generates intense hydration, immediately and lastingly: Vitamin PP strengthens skin resistance and impermeability. Apple seed extract stimulates the activity of Aquaporins, which are the natural channels allowing water flow within the skin. The rich and creamy texture of Hydrabio Crème intensely nourishes the skin.
Thanks to an emulsion inspired by the structure of the epidermis, the active ingredients of the Aquagénium™ patent penetrate deeply and in a more targeted manner. The skin thus regains its natural hydration capacities, for intense radiance. In a lasting way. By eliminating dead cell and reducing progressively the corneum stratum thickness, the salicylic acid evens up and smoothes the skin, for a long-lasting radiant complexion. Vitamin E helps to protect the skin against oxidative stress and combat premature cutaneous ageing.
This is a nice, thick and rich cream which almost feels as if it’s a face mask as it’s so rich. I wouldn’t recommend using this mask in the mornings as it’s a little too rich, but as a night cream it works really well. It’s so gentle yet effective at moisturising the skin, and if my skin’s feeling particularly tight or uncomfortable it does a great job at soothing discomfort and it’s a very welcome addition to my skincare regime.
Bioderma Hydrabio H2O Moisturising Makeup Removing Micelle Solution £5.20
– A BIODERMA innovation, the patented Aquagenium® biological complex stimulates the skin’s cellular capabilities, re-training it to generate in depth, and to lock in on the surface, the moisture essential for its balance.
– The micelles contained in its formula, in a single step, perfectly cleanse and remove make-up from the face and eyes.
– The skin immediately regains comfort, suppleness and radiance.
– Very gentle to use, Hydrabio H2O guarantees excellent skin and eye tolerance.
– The Hydrabio H2O formula is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.
If you have sensitive skin, the Bioderma Hydrabio H2O micellar water is the one I’d recommend the most. It is so gentle, not at all stripping and still removes every trace of my makeup with very little effort. I find that I don’t have to use very much either so my bottles always last for a long time and it’s one of my most repurchased skincare products as I enjoy using it so much.
I would love to know if you’ve tried anything from the Bioderma Hydrabio range?
All products featured on Gemma Etc. are PR samples or gifted items, unless otherwise indicated. This post may contain affiliate links. If you wish to find out more, please see my Disclaimer within my navigation bar.