If I could only use one hair tool for the rest of time, it would 100% be a pair of hair straighteners. I have super long, fine and frizzy hair which becomes unruly and massive when I allow it to dry naturally so I have to either use a salt spray or mousse to add more refined waves or use hair straighteners to smooth away the pesky frizz. I have always longed for hair which can be left to dry naturally and is super, super straight but I can’t just leave my hair or I end up ridiculously frizzy and it’s just not a good look. I’ve tried endless straighteners since I first discovered the magic of hair straighteners, and the newest addition to my haircare arsenal are the NuMe Megastar Hair Straighteners.
NuMe are a very well known American based professional hair styling tools brand and I’ve heard so much about them but I’d never tried any of their products until trying the NuMe Megastar Hair Straighteners. NuMe ship internationally for free on orders over $89+ and they’re even available on BeautyBay if you don’t fancy ordering internationally. I was worried about using an American electronic hair tool within the UK due to the voltage and plug differences but the NuMe Megastar Hair Straighteners come in two options; US110-240V or EU220V so you can choose the option which suits your country best. My NuMe Megastar Hair Straighteners came with an US to UK plug adaptor so I’ve not had any issues at all.
The NuMe Megastar Hair Straighteners $159/£122 is available in a few different colour ways; Black, Rose Gold, Pink and Turquoise, and I have the ‘Black’ set which have a matte rubberised texture which really adds grip to the straighteners especially when using them to curl the hair. The Megastar Straightener has one inch thick plates, but NuMe have just launched their new Megastar X which has 1.75″ plates should you prefer wider plates, but they have a wide range of different straighteners to choose from in different sizes
The Megastar Hair Straightener is made with 1-inch pure tourmaline ceramic floating plates, an integrated far infrared heat strip, digital temperature display, and an Ion Booster on the base. This multi-use tool can help you achieve a wide variety of salon-quality hairstyles from silky straight to defined and natural curls. Safe for all hair types.
- 1-inch floating plates – flexible and adjust to your hair, getting as close to your strands as possible to ensure one pass styling that’s quick, easy and tug-free.
- Beveled plate design – allows for versatile heat styling of curls and straight hairstyles.
- Integrated far infrared heat strip – sends a gentle heat directly into the hair follicle and out to the cuticle to protect strands over time.
- Tourmaline ceramic – offers a smooth, friction-free surface to reduce breakage and naturally conducts far infrared heat and negative ions for healthier heat styling.
- Negative ion conditioning technology – maintains moisture and eliminates frizz by sealing the hair’s cuticle while boosting shine.
- Ion Booster – amplifies the effects of negative ion conditioning with an increase in the release of negative ions.
The NuMe Megastar Hair Straighteners has floating plates which I find is much kinder on the scalp as they move with the hair without tugging too hard on the roots of the hair. The power button turns the tool on, and the temperature increases quickly until it reaches the maximum heat of 450 but there are two arrow buttons allowing you to lower and increase the heat. I really like that the Megastar allows you to alter the heat as I don’t like using extremely high temperatures on my hair as it is so fine, but I can choose how hot I want them.
The tourmaline ceramic plates are super shiny allowing the hair to glide through the plates, and I like the integrated far infrared heat strip function knowing it’s sending a gentle heat directly into the hair follicle. There are over 200 reviews of the NuMe Megastar Hair Straighteners on the NuMe website, and there’s even a couple of YouTube tutorials showing the tool in action. They are so effective at ironing away any frizz and smoothing the hair without dragging, or leaving kinks in the hair.
I think hair straighteners are such an amazing gift idea for birthdays or Christmas as high quality straighteners make such an huge difference to your hair, and these are nicely presented within a cylinder box. They look so hi-tech with their infrared strip, and adjustable temperature.. I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t want to receive these fantastic straighteners.
Have you ever tried anything from NuMe?
Latest posts by Gemma Etc. (see all)
- Phoera Killawatt Freestyle Highlighting Duo - 18th January 2020
- Makeup Obsession Isn’t It Peachy Palette Review and Swatches - 17th January 2020
- Brushworks Makeup Remover Cloth - 16th January 2020