The Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter and Glow Eyeshadows featured within my 2017 Beauty Favourites roundup, but I’d never got round to trying their Shimmer and Glow formula. I’m not entirely sure why I hadn’t but I decided during the Summer I’d hold out until Stila launched their Christmas collection after seeing some sneak peaks on Instagram. I do love Christmas beauty gift sets as they allow you to try multiple products or shades in perhaps miniature sizes which is perfect for me as I’m always switching up my makeup every single day so I rarely finish a product anyway. I decided to order the Stila Shimmering Heights Shimmer and Glow Eyeshadow Set from Cult Beauty as it contained three mini sizes of their shimmer shades and I couldn’t wait to give it a go.
The Cult Beauty team must know me very well as they unbeknown to me, had sent me the Stila Shimmering Heights Shimmer and Glow Eyeshadow Set as a Christmas set 24 hours after I’d ordered my own.
It’s crazy that Cult Beauty have an huge amount of beauty gift sets, and they happen to send the exact same set to me so I’m going to do a giveaway at the bottom of this post for the second set as I definitely don’t need two sets and I know the Stila sets sell out quickly as they’re such great value.
The Stila Shimmering Heights set is £29 and contains three x 2.25ml mini tubes of their Shimmer and Glow formula, and each mini size is worth £12 so you’re getting £36 worth of product in this little set. If you were to purchase three full sized products it’d cost you £72 so the set is a really good deal.
If you follow Cult Beauty on social media, you’ll know that they have a fun astrology-esque #CultDestiny theme for their Christmas range this year which I’ve really enjoyed so far as it’s really unique compared to how other beauty retailers present their products.
They’ve basically broken down their gift range into eight sections to help you decide what to buy your loved ones depending on their traits and preferences; High Priestess of Instaglam, Sage of Skincare, Sorceress of Scent, Goddess of Glow, Wellbeing Warrior, Lover of Luxe, Knight of Natural and Bachelor of Beauty.
Cult Beauty sent me their ‘High Priestess of Instaglam’ card, and the Stila Shimmering Heights Shimmer and Glow Eyeshadow Set is one of the beauty gifts within the collection for the High Priestess of Instaglam ‘destiny’.
Regardless of whether you like astrology or not, the different categories are a great way of seeing what Cult Beauty have to offer and perhaps introduce you to new products and brands too.
Glow and behold! Adorn your lids with a splash of pigment-packed pearls that apply effortlessly and dry down to a high shimmer sheen.
Inspired by one of Stila’s most successful launches – Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow, NEW Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow contains the same translucent, adhesive base formula as the original Glitter & Glow, but with a smaller particle pearl, for high impact shimmering colour, minus the glitter!
The lightweight, water-infused texture (over 40%!) glides on effortlessly, and dries down smoothly, locking in the pearls for maximum shimmer, with minimal fallout.
- Statement-making eyes, without the need for glitter
- Buildable colour – apply a sheer layer for a lighter, brighter look or layer for major impact
- Wear alone or under Glitter & Glow Eye Shadow for an added pop of colour 8 shimmering shades inspired by our most iconic powder eye shadow colours.
The Stila Shimmering Heights includes the shades; Kitten, Cloud and Twig which as above mentions, the shades are all inspired by their powder eyeshadow formula. Stila describe Kitten as being a vibrant nude pink, Cloud as a cool lavender grey with gold pearl and Twig as a warm chestnut brown. I would have to agree with Stila’s descriptions as they’re spot on.
These swatches are three swipes of the doefoot applicator so I could show the shifts within each shade but Twig is seriously opaque in just one single swipe and it’s the most pigmented liquid eyeshadow I’ve ever tried.
Kitten and Cloud are a little more sheer in comparison, but we’re talking minimally with two swipes needed rather than one and that’s to be expected with a paler colour. All three shades are beautiful and I love them all, although Cloud has to be standout shade as the gold duochrome shift looks amazing under electric light.
Stila Shimmering Heights Shimmer and Glow Eyeshadow Set GIVEAWAY!
As I said above, I am going to give away my second set Stila Shimmering Heights set as I don’t need two and I’d love to give them to someone who will love them as much as I do. If you want to enter please ensure you read the terms and conditions below the widget, and then enter via the Rafflecopter widget.
Please remember that I check and validate all entries so the giveaway is as fair as possible to everyone that enters. In order to enter this giveaway there are two mandatory steps which need to be completed as a minimum, and then some extra steps should you want extra entries for a chance to win. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
– This giveaway is open internationally.
– One winner will be chosen at random via Rafflecopter, and the lucky winner will win the two products listed above.
– Entrants under 18 must seek parental permission before entering this giveaway.
– There is no purchase necessary to enter this giveaway.
– Information you give when entering this competition will remain confidential and will not passed onto anyone else.
– ALL entries will be checked and verified, with any incomplete, false or duplicate entries being removed from the giveaway entirely.
– The Cult Beauty team kindly gifted me this gift set and I’ve decided to gift them to one lucky winner as I already bought it myself.
– The winner will be notified by the email address given and will have 48 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, an alternative winner will be selected via Rafflecopter’s randomiser.
– This is not a sponsored giveaway