I’ve featured a couple of toothbrushes here on my blog over the last six years. Toothbrushes aren’t the most glamorous of product to purchase but a good toothbrush can make such a massive difference to the health of your teeth and gums, and the brightness of your smile. When ION-Sei got in touch with me to see if I’d want to give their ION-Sei Sonic Iconic Electric Toothbrush a try, I head to Google to look at some reviews and the write ups were very positive. I hadn’t heard of the ION-Sei brand before but this is a new launch so it’s understandable but I couldn’t wait to give it a try and see how it compared to other sonic toothbrushes I’ve tried from Philips and Oral-B.
“There’s a new hero in your bathroom. Whereas most electric toothbrushes only remove plaque and bacteria, ionic technology suppresses the bacteria causing plaque too. You’ll experience smoother, cleaner feeling teeth over time. And can expect a healthier mouth with less risk of cavities.
ION-Sei’s superpowers lie in its patented technology. Whereas most electric toothbrushes only remove some of the plaque and bacteria (S. Mutans*), ionic technology actually suppresses the bacteria causing plaque too.
The ION-Sei electric toothbrush uses an Ultra Violet (UV) LED light that reacts with a Titanium Dioxide bar in the brush handle, to create ions that suppress the bacteria that cause plaque. The negative electrons are sent to your mouth via water or saliva. Although ION-Sei uses advanced technology, it harnesses nature using “water and light”.
ION-Sei also works with your body’s natural electrical charge through a conductor on the handle, producing a weak charge that inhibits bacterial growth and helps to attract bacteria from teeth onto the brush. The technology used to create these super powers are proprietary and patented. The TiO2 (titanium dioxide) semiconductor” and “UV LED” negative electron generation, are unique to ION-Sei.“
- 31,000 strokes / min sonic vibrations – Our gentle-on-gums brushing has been specially designed to take better care of your mouth. There are 3 different brushing modes to suit your brushing needs.
- UV LED light and patented TiO2 bar – UV light strikes* the TiO2, (titanium dioxide) bar and makes the OH radical (hydroxyl radical), generating ions**
- Weak current from conductor panel – The ION-Sei works with your body’s natural electrical charge – producing an opposite weak charge that inhibits bacterial growth and helps to attract bacteria from teeth onto the brush.
- Design and thinking (Japanese technology, German designed).
- Innovation in toothbrushes using innovative(unique) technology.
- Creating a longer lasting and deeper clean, through ionic technology – reduces the bacteria sticking to teeth and therefore plaque build-up, gum disease and cavities.
- Softer on the mouth, while still being very effective – 31, 000 sound wave technology strokes.
- More natural cleaning option using water instead of toothpaste (if wanted).
- Holistic health – cleaner mouth, healthier body, happier life – health benefits > Life enjoyment.
The ION-Sei Sonic Iconic Electric Toothbrush has really clever technology and retails for £129.99 on Amazon, with different brush heads to choose from; Standard, Compact Soft and Soft in packs of two heads for £11.99.
The toothbrush is available in two shades; Day White and Lake Blue, and Lake Blue is the colourway I have. The box contains a brush handle, two brush heads, an USB charger and cable, a mains plug and a charging base/stand as well as a manual.
Sonic toothbrushes can retail for a lot more than £130 yet this brush has advanced technology that not only thoroughly cleans your teeth but it also suppresses bacteria which is something that you can’t really see or prove, but the results within the technical brochure prove how effective the toothbrush is.
The ION-Sei Sonic Iconic Electric Toothbrush has three brushing mode settings which can be changed by pressing the power button; Sensitive for a gentle on gums clean, Standard for an everyday clean or Deep for a supercharged clean. The bristles on both of the heads have normal spiral bristles that are combined with tapered ones that are softer for your mouth and designed in Japan.
I can’t prove how much cleaner my teeth or gums are since introducing the ION-Sei toothbrush into my routine, but I can tell you my very sensitive prone to bleeding, gums much prefer the more gentle bristles and I really appreciate being able to use the Sensitive mode on my gums without worrying about causing pain or inflammation.
I can’t recommend this little gadget enough, and I think it would be amazing for those with disabilities and chronic pain as you can use the ION-Sei without toothpaste due to the ion technology so you don’t necessarily have to stand in front of a sink with running water. It will also be handy if you’re travelling firstly with the USB charging option and being able to brush your teeth on the go thanks to the generous battery life.
I’d love to know your thoughts on the ION-Sei Sonic Iconic Electric Toothbrush?
All products featured on Gemma Etc. are PR samples or gifted items, unless otherwise indicated. This post may contain affiliate links. If you wish to find out more, please see my Disclaimer within my navigation bar.