MAC will forever be one of my favourite brands, and I still get as excited over a MAC lipstick as I did six years ago when I started blogging. MAC used to be such an hyped brand within the beauty blogging community and there was always so much buzz surrounding their new collections. I still can’t resist a new MAC collection, and the MAC Art Library collection really caught my eye and as I’m planning on a purchase, I really wanted to a feature post on the collection incase you’re tempted too and wanted to know more.
“How novel! Three all-new eye palettes developed by M·A·C Pro Artists take your makeup skills to the next level. Ignite inspiration with the chic, heated shades of Flame-Boyant, bare your soul with the intensely pigmented neutrals of Nude Model, or go avant-garde with the runway-ready range of It’s Designer. Complete your collection with three expert-curated editions alongside a trio of all-new lashes and Lipsticks, and get started on your next masterpiece.“
MAC Art Library Collection
MAC Art Library: Nude Model Palette £39
- Shroom: Soft beige with shimmer (Satin)
- L.E.S. Artiste: Metallic silver grey (Frost)
- Sandstone: Cool grey beige (Matte)
- Dance In The Dark: Deep blackened plum (Matte)
- Sugar Plum: Cool plum (Matte)
- Nude Model: Metallic taupe (Frost)
- Drop the Robe: Beige with gold pearl (Frost)
- TetATint: Peachy soft neutral (Matte)
- Pleasing To The Eye: Midtone rose (Matte)
- Outre: Mustardy brown (Matte)
- Espresso: Muted golden brown (Matte)
- Gogh Lightly: Khaki with pearl (Frost)
MAC Art Library: Flame-Boyant Palette £39
- Amber Lights: Peachybrown with shimmer (Frost)
- Samoa Silk: Warm orange beige (Matte)
- Rule: Vivid orange (Matte)
- Fan the Flames: Warm reddish copper (Frost)
- Daliwood: Burnt brick orange (Matte)
- Louvre at First Site: Cool red (Matte)
- FlameBoyant: Metallic red (Frost)
- Everyone’s Darling: Warm wine burgundy (Matte)
- Dada Issues: Peachy brown (Matte)
- La Vida Mocha: Brown with bronze (Frost)
- Embark: Intense reddish brown (Matte)
- What’s the Pointilism: White gold pearl (Frost)
MAC Art Library: It’s Designer Palette £39
- Starry Night: Sheer plum rose with green flip pearl (Frost)
- Bright Pink: Intense fuchsia pink (Matte)
- My Kid Could Make That: Lime green (Matte)
- It’s Designer: Metallic orangy bronze (Frost)
- Darkroom: Metallic purple (Frost)
- Gallerina: Metallic turquoise (Frost)
- High Concept: Bright Silver (Frost)
- If It Ain’t Baroque: Bright gold (Frost)
- Chrome Yellow: Vivid bright yellow (Matte)
- Triennial Wave: Cool blue (Satin)
- Can’t Afford This: Bright neon orange (Matte)
- Carbon: Intense black (Matte)
MAC Art Library: You Wouldn’t Get It Lipstick £17.50 – Deep tone beige (matte)
MAC Art Library: Down To An Art Lipstick £17.50 – Peachy nude (matte)
MAC Art Library: Soar Lipstick £17.50 – Deep mauvish plum (matte)
MAC Art Lashes £11.50 – 70 Lash, 75 Lash and 76 Lash
I know this collection won’t wow some people but I personally really like how versatile it is for a relatively small collection compared to some of their other collections. The two more neutral eyeshadow palettes look absolutely stunning, but they’ve given us a palette packed with brights and neons so if you do prefer a more bold look, there’s an option for you.
The Nude Model Palette leans on the cool side, whilst the Flame-Boyant Palette is one for the warm shadow fan. My favourite palette has to be the Nude Model Palette as I’m all about the cool tones and I only own one of the shades already (Shroom). The lipsticks are all very pretty, and they’re all matte too and complement all three palettes.
In addition to the palettes and matte lipsticks, the three lash styles are stunning, and I definitely think MAC lashes get overlooked. My favourite lipstick is Down to an Art and my favourite lash style has to be the 75 lash but I’d happily wear all three; just not at once.
I’d love to know your thoughts on the MAC Art Library collection?
*all images belong to MAC and not myself.
All products featured on Gemma Etc. are PR samples or gifted items, unless otherwise indicated. This post may contain affiliate links. If you wish to find out more, please see my Disclaimer within my navigation bar.