I featured the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ within my YesStyle beauty haul which I featured on my blog last month, and I thought I should get around to dedicating a whole post to my new favourite facial SPF. Its full retail price is £19.69, but it’s permanently on sale on the YesStyle website so I’m not sure it ever sells for the full price. I bought mine for £7.64 but you can also purchase it from Amazon too.
I believe Biore are a Japanese owned brand but it’s quite confusing trying to find the origin, but it’s sold on YesStyle where they offer a wide selection of quality products from premium brands across Asia. The packaging has zero English on it so it was hard to know what the product claims, and does but there’s a list of slightly vague bullet points on the YesStyle website;
- The world’s first-ever Micro Defense formula.
- Prevents uneven application down to micro crevices while gently protecting vulnerable skin from UV damage.
- Biore’s unique ultra-light outer skin.
- A thin, even UV blocking film that covers the whole body like a second skin.
- Six features that benefit the skin:
- Formulated with moisture-rich water capsules to prevent dryness.
- Includes hyaluronic acid, royal jelly extract, and BG (moisturizing ingredients).
- Rinses away easily with soap in spite of the super-waterproof formulation.
- No coloring agents.
- Gentle fragrance of white muguet.
- A wonderfully light sensation no matter how often it is reapplied.
- A watery essence with a transparent texture that blends effortlessly with the skin.
- A translucent finish that hugs the skin with no flaking.
- Also usable as a foundation primer for a perfectly smooth foundation finish.
So essentially, the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ is a translucent super waterproof facial SPF with a micro defense formula. It gives a thin, even UV blocking film to the skin that acts as a second skin and prevents dryness. I have tried so many different facial SPF’s over the years and I’ve found some nice ones from La Roche Posay, but I didn’t love anything enough to repurchase.
The Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ has a gel consistency that absorbs into the skin effortlessly. It doesn’t feel like any other facial sun protection I’ve tried, and feels more like an hydrating facial serum than an SPF. It doesn’t feel chalky, sticky or heavy on the skin. I chose this SPF over others I was recommended as I loved the idea of a watery essence like formula and I’m so pleased I tried it as it’s so much better than any other I’ve tried, and my makeup layers well over the top. This product has 750+ reviews on YesStyle with a rating of 4.7 out of 5 which just proves how amazing it is, and I will forever repurchase as it’s seriously the best I’ve tried.
Have you tried anything from Biore before?