In the United Kingdom, it seems like everyone plays the lottery. But, have you ever stopped and asked, “Who is everyone?” Well, we’re here to answer that question for you. You are about to find out how many of your peers fall into the same category of lotto lovers as you.
We know that 70% of the people in the UK that are over 18, take part in the National lottery and they do so on a regular basis. This comes out to around 45 million people, and they play an average of 3 tickets per week.
Ages of people who play the lottery
- 54% between 45-years old and 64 years old
- 47% between 25-years old and 44 years old
- 21% of people (who answered the survey) 16-years old and 24 years old, admitted to playing the lottery at least once in the past year.
- 32% of people (who answered the survey) between the ages of 65 & 74 -years admitted to having participated in the lottery in the past year
- 47% of lottery players are men
- 41% of lottery players are women
- 47% of players are white
- 42% of players are mixed ethnicity
- 40% of players are black British
- 23% are Asian
- 29% of other ethnic groups
Lottoland is a leader in the industry of online gambling in the UK. They are approved by the UK Gambling Commission and Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association (GBGA). They offer lottery betting on the results of more than 30 lotteries and are the largest company of their type in the world. Lottoland is continually asked if there is a way to better the odds of winning the lottery. The following tips are approved by them.
Tips to improve your chances
- Join a syndicate
- A betting syndicate is a group of people working together in an effort to quickly identify value in the odds, capitalize off of line movements, and make a living through sports betting.
- Bet more than once
- Once you have chosen your range of numbers, bet them. Bet more than once. The more bets you place, the more chances you have of grabbing your numbers when they get close.
- Choose lotteries with better odds
- Do the work. Find out which lottery has the best odds. You can get this information online at the Lottoland site. You will find the Irish lottery has very good odds and some of the smaller lotteries have very good odds for a quick win.
- Play lotteries with lower prizes
- This goes with the tip above. If you select a lottery that has a smaller purse, it will have fewer players. This increases your odds of winning.
- Be consistent
- Make it a habit. Place your bet every week at the same time and stick with the numbers you have decided on.
- Take advantage of System Bets
- With system bets, you get extra numbers and extra chances to hit the lottery. They will give you six random numbers, and a computer can think more randomly than we can.
- Pick random numbers
- Every week in the UK, 10,000 people use the numbers 1,2,3,4,5, and 6
- Think about your numbers in advance and do not choose these. Be brave.
- Don’t choose consecutive numbers – it is just too rare to chance them
- Use numbers over 31
- Most people use dates in their “lucky numbers” like their birthday, anniversary, or child’s birthday. That means fewer numbers over 31 are used. It may not get you a jackpot, but it is a good way to improve your odds since nobody ever got married on March 42nd.
Lucky numbers. It seems everyone has a formula for picking lucky numbers. There is no proof that there are any lucky numbers. Lottoland is an authority on lotteries. They have lotteries in more than 30 countries. Their data shows that there are certain numbers that come up more often than others for different lotteries. Please understand that. Different numbers show up more often than not on particular lotteries. This means if someone tells you a group of numbers is lucky, you would need to ask them for which game. If you want to know which numbers come up the most for your favourite lottery, click here.
You don’t have to play the same lottery like everyone else. Go for the less popular lotteries and play more often. Look for new games that are always popping up. You will win less but, with fewer players, you have a better chance of winning.
Don’t give up
Sometimes people play and hit it big the first time out. Other times, people may play the same numbers for years before they strike it rich. Hang in there. You can win if you don’t play.
There are a lot of books, and a lot of web pages, and a lot of people who are sure they know the secret to hitting it big. The fact is, there are no secrets. Playing the lottery is common sense, and chance. There are no guarantees. But these tips are the best you can get.
All products featured on Gemma Etc. are PR samples or gifted items, unless otherwise indicated. This post may contain affiliate links. If you wish to find out more, please see my Disclaimer within my navigation bar.